The false doctrines, bad behaviors and wrong expectations of
others in no way change our individual responsibility to Jesus Christ and His
Church. Some keys to maintaining stability in the face of criticism, rejection or
ridicule:
1. I am alive, therefore I have a purpose for
being.
Job 14:5 “Since his days are determined, The
number of his months is with You...”
Psalm 39:4 “Lord, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days...”
Psalm 39:4 “Lord, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days...”
2. As a believer, my purpose is to glorify Christ.
This is done through daily intake and application of Bible Doctrine. Result:
blessing from God and production of divine good.
I 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the
Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your
own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.”
A. By witnessing-- 2 Corinthians 5:20 “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.” I Corinthians 9:16 “For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.
B. By teaching—Titus 2:4-5 “so that they (older women) may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.” Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 29:17 “Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul."
C. By prayer and giving of time and material blessings for the Lord’s work.--Philippians 4:6-7 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” 2 Corinthians 9:7 “Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
D. By doing my job (home, church, business) as unto the Lord. That means everything I do--Colossians 3:17 “Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. 23-24 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.”3. God has seen fit to give me my own personal set of circumstances as a framework for my priestly function.
I Corinthians 7:17-24 “Only, as the Lord has assigned to each one, as God has
called each, in this manner let him walk. And so I direct in all the churches. Was
any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become
uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be
circumcised. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what
matters is the keeping of the commandments of God. Each man must remain in
that condition in which he was called. Were you called while a slave? Do not
worry about it; but if you are able also to become free, rather do that. For he who was called in the Lord while
a slave, is the Lord’s freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ’s
slave. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. Brethren, each
one is to remain with God in that condition in which he was called.”
4. Any real obstacles to my service for Christ will be removed.
I Peter 3:13 “Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?”
I Peter 3:13 “Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?”
2 Peter 2:9 “the Lord knows how to rescue
the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the
day of judgment..”
5. Therefore, anything which is allowed to remain is not really an obstacle, but the grace provision of God.
Ephesians 4:7 “to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.”
2 Corinthians 12:7-9..there was given me a thorn in the flesh…I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you…”
I Corinthians 15:10 “by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.”
6. No outside force can destroy the
effectiveness of an ambassador for Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6 “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Romans 8:31 “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?”
Philippians 1:6 “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Romans 8:31 “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?”
7. Only that within the mind (mental attitude sins) of the believer can destroy
his capacity for service and effectiveness as a believer-priest.
I Corinthians 3:3 “for you are still
fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly,
and are you not walking like mere men?”
8. There is no excuse for self-pity,
bitterness, vindictiveness, pouting, etc. in the Christian life because God has
provided the means and the opportunities for service that is
honoring to Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 4:7 “..to each one of us grace
was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.”
9. My relationship to Christ depends upon no other human being! It is absolutely
personal and private.
Romans 14:4 “Who are you to judge the servant
of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the
Lord is able to make him stand.”
John 21:21-22 “So Peter seeing him said to
Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?” Jesus said to him…..what is that
to you? You follow Me!”
No comments:
Post a Comment