Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20
Paul wrote this epistle in prison. He was incarcerated for preaching Christ. Prison didn't intimidate him in his diligence to witness to the Good News (gospel) of Jesus Christ. He considered it his present assignment for the work of the Kingdom of God. He asked for courage to proclaim the mystery, which means a truth known only to the elect. The elect are those who have believed in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ; spiritually awakened ones who can comprehend God's Truth. That's why the New Birth is necessary. Natural man cannot see the Kingdom of God. (John 3:3). Those of us who know the mystery must proclaim it, wherever, whenever and to whomever will hear. God will recall to our mind the words we need at the right time. We must also pray for one another to do this with conviction and courage. If Paul needed help, WE need help. Help is available. Just ask.
No comments:
Post a Comment