Monday, August 1, 2011

Think Nobly

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8


There is only one person I can control. ME. I am expected to control me. I do not have to dwell on the negatives in life. Negativity brings about doubt, anger, fear and anxiety. Nonproductive. Self-defeating. Yes, I CAN help it. Worry changes nothing. Learn the mind of Christ. His Word is True. His Work is noble. His Person is pure. He is altogether lovely. Apply His love and grace to whatever "whatifs" arise in your daily experience. "When trouble comes knocking, send Jesus to answer the door." There are always good and honorable things to think about and enjoy, and you cannot change most of the uglies anyway. There are blessings and beauty all around us. Embrace them, cherish them. Relax. This is not Pollyannaism, it is Divine Viewpoint. God placed me here. God gave me this. God shares His happiness with me. Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment